With the Google Analytics integration you can pull in your website’s data from Google Analytics to work with it directly inside ContentKing.
ContentKing displays the following metrics from Google Analytics:
- Unique pageviews
- Average time on page
- Bounce rate
- Page value
Using the Google Analytics data
The Google Analytics data is available in the Pages screen:
As well as in the Page screen:
You can create segments based on Google Analytics data, but it’s currently not possible to view historical data or to use segments containing Google Analytics data in Change Tracking.
Setting up the Google Analytics integration
Setting up the Google Analytics integration is a breeze. Just follow these five simple steps:
- Click on Account in the sidebar to get to the overview of websites.
- Click on the website you want to connect.
- Look for the Integrations sections and click Edit
- Click Connect and authenticate with Google Analytics
- Select the relevant Google Analytics Account and View, and hit the Save settings button!
Error: website not found in Google Analytics account
It might happen that you run into an error while trying to connect your account to Google Analytics:
There are two things can cause this:
- You’re indeed connecting the wrong Google Analytics account. In that case simply click Connect again and authenticate the right account.
- The website has the wrong
Website URLsetting in Google Analytics. This is not unusual to happen when you migrated to a different domain name and forgot to update your Google Analytics configuration. Refer to the Google Analytics documentation on View configuration for more information on how to configure this correctly.