What is ContentKing
ContentKing is a website monitoring service used by digital marketers all around the globe. For customers like Condé Nast, Atlassian and Gartner we monitor their websites 24/7, keeping track of any change and alerting them whenever something goes wrong.
Being a developer at ContentKing comes with a multitude of challenges:
- ContentKing monitors sites with millions of pages and maintains an index with a huge amount of data that is constantly changing and updating.
- Being a monitoring service we have a strong focus on high-availability and redundancy to reduce the risk of downtime to a minimum.
- We have a constant stream of new trial accounts coming in, requiring our platform to support rapid scalability.
- We deal with a hugely versatile data set: the web is very unstructured and comes with many challenges.
We are looking for someone to take on these battles with us.
We’re a small team (4 developers, 2 designers, 1 product manager), so being a developer at ContentKing can’t be just about jamming out code.
Working at ContentKing means contributing to the product on a conceptual level as much as contributing to the codebase.
That’s why every team member has a lot of ownership and we aim to be fully transparent:
- Want to know what features customers are requesting?
→ Check our Productboard.
- Interested in seeing what users are reporting on support?
→ Check Intercom or the
#supportchannel on Slack.
- Eager to know our business metrics such as revenue?
→ Check Geckoboard on any of the screens in the office.
When we sit down and start implementing, we treat the codebase as our crown jewel. We value:
- independent modular architecture
- continuous refactoring to keep the code ready for changes (and just a pleasure to work with)
- no big rewrites, but constant revisiting and polishment
The crawler gets released daily while running 24/7 as an orchestra of connected subsystems. On top of industry standards like Sentry and ELK, we invest in our own diagnostic tooling and measurements. The ability to monitor systems’ performance in dedicated Grafana dashboards is invaluable.
We develop in short cycles. Not just to quickly respond to feedback from our customers, but also to continously reflect on our processes and priorities. We employ PhpStan and a suite of automated tests to cover our back. We read and review each others’ code both on GitHub and on each others’ screen.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for colleagues who feel
comfortable challenged by the above description and meet the following requirements:
- 3+ years experience with PHP
- 3+ years experience with SQL
- Familiar with modern design patterns
- The ability to clearly reason arguments
- Able to communicate in English
As a bonus, meeting any of the following criteria would be awesome:
- Experience with Elastic
- Experience with graph databases
- Experience with REST and / or GraphQL
- Experience with PHP in CLI
- Experience with message queues (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Experience with application architecture design
Our interview process
The interview process consists of three steps:
- Initial meeting with our Lead Developer
The scope of this meeting is to get to know each other’s background and experience, and so that you can learn how we do things in more detail.
- Second meeting with our Product Manager and our Senior PHP Developer
As you will closely work together with them on the product it’s essential that you get to know each other and for both sides to see what it’s like to work together.
- Third meeting with our CEO
In the third and final meeting you will meet our CEO to discuss the contractual details and compensation package.
What we offer
First and foremost we offer a job that’s full of interesting challenges and potential to learn.
Secondly, we offer good conditions:
- A competitive salary and the possibility to gain equity
- Full-time employment (so you can actually buy a house if you want to)
- Work from our awesome office in the center of Brno
- Flexibility in working hours and home office
- Join a fast-growing startup building a platform used daily by customers like Atlassian, Condé Nast and Gartner
- Work together with smart, creative and driven people
Are you ready for your next challenge? Apply now.