What is ContentKing
ContentKing is a website monitoring service used by digital marketers all around the globe. For customers like IBM, Atlassian and Gartner we monitor their websites 24/7, keeping track of any change and alerting them whenever something goes wrong.
Increased productivity is one of our main selling points. ContentKing monitors sites with millions of pages and maintains an index with a huge amount of data that is constantly changing and updating. Our customers must be able to work with this data as quickly as possible, and which is why we have an uncompromising emphasis on UX.
That’s why we implemented:
- Virtual scrolling in tables with millions of rows instead of paging
- Our own Chrome extension
- Full integration with History API and reliable Back button
- Lazy rendering and retrieving data by viewport
- … and all that with data that changes and syncs constantly
We are looking for someone to take on these battles, and with the help of our Lead Developer will lead the army to many others.
As a self-service SaaS company we constantly keep scalability in mind. We need to 10x our customer base without having to 10x our team.
We are building a sustainable company with a healthy financial fundament. We don’t want to hire an army of customer support reps and developers just to keep things running.
Ownership and transparency
We’re a small team (4 developers, 2 designers, 1 product manager), so being a developer at ContentKing isn’t just about jamming out code.
Working at ContentKing means contributing to the product on a conceptual level as much as contributing to the codebase.
That’s why every team member has a lot of ownership and we aim to be fully transparent:
- Want to know what features customers are requesting?
→ Check our Productboard.
- Curious what bugs customers are stepping into?
→ Check Sentry.
- Interested in seeing what users are reporting on support?
→ Check Intercom or the
#supportchannel on Slack.
- Eager to know our business metrics such as revenue?
→ Check Geckoboard on any of the screens in the office.
Codebase and processes
The codebase is our crown jewel. We design and apply modular architecture, follow good code style and continuously refactor the code to keep it healthy and a pleasure to work with. All this helps us grow as developers every day.
Furthermore we put a lot of effort into sharing knowledge and helping each other accomplish the work. We do that through constructive peer review, mentoring sessions and in-depth sprint retrospectives.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for colleagues who feel
comfortable challenged by the above description and meet the following requirements:
- Experience with React or similar framework
- Familiar with modern design patterns
- Eager to improve personal skillset
- Able to communicate in English
As a bonus, meeting any of the following criteria would be awesome:
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience with performance optimization
- Experience with Redux or similar uni-directional flow pattern
Our interview process
The interview process consists of three steps:
- Initial meeting with our Lead Developer
The scope of this meeting is to get to know each other’s background and experience, and so that you can learn how we do things in more detail.
- Second meeting with our Product Manager and our front-end developer
As you will closely work together with them on the product it’s essential that you get to know each other and for both sides to see what it’s like to work together.
- Third meeting with our CEO
In the third and final meeting you will meet our CEO to discuss the contractual details and compensation package.
What we offer
First and foremost we offer a job that’s full of interesting challenges and potential to learn.
Secondly, we offer good conditions:
- A competitive salary and the possibility to gain equity
- Full-time employment (so you can actually buy a house if you want to)
- Work from our awesome office in the center of Brno
- Flexibility in working hours and home office
- Join a fast-growing startup building a platform used daily by customers like Atlassian, IBM and Gartner
- Work together with smart, creative and driven people
Are you ready for your next challenge? Apply now.