What is ContentKing?
ContentKing is a website monitoring service used by digital marketers around the globe. For customers like Netflix, Shopify, Atlassian, and Fedex, we monitor their websites 24/7, keeping track of any changes and alerting them whenever anything goes wrong.
Being a developer at ContentKing comes with a multitude of challenges:
- ContentKing monitors sites with millions of pages and maintains an index with a huge amount of data that is changing and updating constantly.
- Being a monitoring service, we have a strong focus on high availability and redundancy to minimize the risk of downtime.
- We have a constant stream of new trial accounts coming in, and this requires our platform to support rapid scalability.
- We deal with a vastly versatile data set: the web is very unstructured and comes with many challenges.
We are seeking someone to take on these battles with us.
We’re a small team, so being a developer at ContentKing can’t just be about jamming out code.
Working at ContentKing means contributing to the product on a conceptual level just as much as contributing to the codebase.
That’s why every team member has a lot of ownership, and we aim to be fully transparent:
- Want to know what features customers are requesting?
→ Check our Productboard.
- Interested in seeing what users are reporting to Support?
→ Check Intercom or the
#supportchannel on Slack.
- Eager to know our business metrics, such as revenue?
→ Check Geckoboard on any of the screens in the office.
When we sit down and start implementing, we treat the codebase as our crown jewel. We value:
- Independent modular architecture,
- Continuous refactoring to keep the code ready for changes (and simply a pleasure to work with), and
- Constant revisiting and polishing rather than rewrites.
Crawler updates get released daily while the crawler runs 24/7 as an orchestra of connected subsystems. On top of industry standards like Sentry and ELK, we invest in our own diagnostic tooling and measurements. The ability to monitor systems’ performance on dedicated Grafana dashboards is invaluable.
We develop in swift cycles – not only to quickly respond to customer feedback, but also to continuously reflect on our processes and priorities. We employ PhpStan and a suite of automated tests to cover our back. We read and review each other’s code both on GitHub and on-screen.
We are looking for colleagues who feel
comfortable challenged by the above description and meet the following requirements:
- Have 3+ years of experience with PHP,
- Have 3+ years of experience with SQL,
- Be familiar with modern design patterns,
- Have the ability to clearly reason arguments, and
- Be able to communicate in English.
As a bonus, having experience with any of the following would be awesome:
- Graph databases,
- PHP in CLI,
- Message queues (RabbitMQ, Kafka), and
- Application architecture design.
Our Interview Process
The interview process consists of three steps:
Initial meeting with our PHP Development Lead
The purpose of this meeting is to get to know each other’s backgrounds and experience, and to help you learn how we do things in more detail.
Second meeting – with our Product Manager and PHP Development Lead
As you will work closely with them on the product, it’s essential that you get to know each other, and for both sides to see what it’s like to work together.
Third meeting – with our CEO
In the third and final meeting, you will meet our CEO to discuss the contractual details and compensation package.
What We Offer
First and foremost, we offer a position that’s full of interesting challenges and opportunities to learn.
Secondly, we offer good conditions:
- Work at a fast-growing SaaS startup – building a platform used daily by customers like Atlassian, Netflix, and Gartner,
- Full-time employment, with a competitive salary plus 25 vacation days and additional perks,
- An established path to gaining equity in the company,
- A Macbook Pro for work and personal use,
- A personal development budget of 10,000 Kč per year (conferences, books, online courses, etc.),
- Collaboration with the eager go-getters building our global SaaS solution,
- A road to a wealth of knowledge about digital marketing, SaaS, and what it takes to make a startup succeed,
- A comfortable office in the center of Brno (Masarykova street) with a fully stocked kitchen, and
- Weekly lunches with the whole team, paid for by the company.
Are you ready for your next challenge? Apply now.