What is ContentKing?
ContentKing is a website monitoring service used by digital marketers around the globe. For customers like Netflix, Shopify, Atlassian, and Fedex, we monitor their websites 24/7, keeping track of any changes and alerting them whenever anything goes wrong.
Increased productivity is one of our main selling points. ContentKing monitors sites with millions of pages and maintains an index with a huge amount of data that is changing and updating constantly. Our customers must be able to work with this data as quickly as possible, and that is why we uncompromisingly emphasize UX.
That’s also why we’ve implemented:
- Virtual scrolling in tables with millions of rows, instead of paging.
- Our own Chrome extension,
- Full integration with the History API and a reliable Back button,
- Lazy rendering and retrieving data based on viewport,
- …All for data that syncs and changes constantly.
We’re seeking someone who will take on these battles – and lead our army on through many others with the help of our Lead Developer.
As a self-service SaaS company, we keep scalability in mind nonstop. We need 10x our customer base without having to use a 10x team.
We are building a sustainable company with a healthy financial foundation. So we don’t want to hire an army of customer support reps and developers just to keep things running.
Ownership and Transparency
We’re a small team, and so being a developer at ContentKing isn’t just about jamming out code.
Working at ContentKing means contributing to the product at a conceptual level just as much as contributing to the codebase.
That’s why every team member has a lot of ownership, and we aim to be fully transparent:
- Want to know what features customers are requesting?
→ Check our Productboard.
- Curious as to what bugs customers are running into?
→ Check Sentry.
- Interested in what users are reporting to Support?
→ Check Intercom or the
#supportchannel on Slack.
- Eager to know our business metrics, such as revenue?
→ Check Geckoboard on any of the screens in the office.
Codebase and Processes
Our codebase is our crown jewel. We design and apply modular architecture, follow good coding style, and continuously refactor the code to keep it healthy and a pleasure to work with. All of this helps us grow as developers every day.
Furthermore we put a lot of effort into sharing knowledge and helping each other do the work. That means constructive peer review, mentoring sessions, and in-depth sprint retrospectives.
We’re looking for colleagues who feel
comfortable challenged by the above description and meet the following requirements:
- Have experience with React or similar framework,
- Be familiar with modern design patterns,
- Be eager to improve your personal skillset, and
- Be able to communicate in English.
As a bonus, having experience with any of the following would be awesome:
- TypeScript & GraphQL,
- Data visualization, or
- Performance optimization.
Our Interview Process
The interview process consists of three steps:
Initial meeting – with our JS Development Lead
The purpose of this meeting is to get to know each other’s backgrounds and experience, and to help you learn how we do things in more detail.
Second meeting – with our Product Manager and JS Development Lead
As you will work closely with them on the product, it’s essential that you get to know each other, and for both sides to see what it’s like to work together.
Third meeting – with our CEO
In the third and final meeting, you will meet our CEO to discuss the contractual details and compensation package.
What We Offer
First and foremost, we offer a position that’s full of interesting challenges and opportunities to learn.
Secondly, we offer good conditions:
- Work at a fast-growing SaaS startup – building a platform used daily by customers like Atlassian, Netflix, and Gartner,
- Full-time employment, with a competitive salary plus 25 vacation days and additional perks,
- An established path to gaining equity in the company,
- A Macbook Pro for work and personal use,
- A personal development budget of 10,000 Kč per year (conferences, books, online courses, etc.),
- Collaboration with the eager go-getters building our global SaaS solution,
- A road to a wealth of knowledge about digital marketing, SaaS, and what it takes to make a startup succeed,
- A comfortable office in the center of Brno (Masarykova street) with a fully stocked kitchen, and
- Weekly lunches with the whole team, paid for by the company.
Are you ready for your next challenge? Apply now.