Senior Frontend Engineer
ContentKing is growing rapidly, and we’re seeking a senior Frontend Engineer to help us build our web application, used by customers around the globe. It’s a challenging position with a lot of variety, freedom, and responsibility.
What is ContentKing?
ContentKing is a website monitoring service used by digital marketers around the globe. For customers like Netflix, Shopify, Adidas, and Fedex, we monitor their websites 24/7, keeping track of any changes and alerting them whenever anything goes wrong.
Increased productivity is one of our main selling points. ContentKing monitors sites with millions of pages and maintains an index with a huge amount of data that is changing and updating constantly. Our customers must be able to work with this data as quickly as possible, and that is why we have an uncompromising focus on the User Experience.
That’s also why we’ve implemented:
- Virtual scrolling in tables with millions of rows, instead of paging.
- Full integration with the History API and a reliable Back button,
- Lazy rendering and retrieving data based on viewport,
- Our own Chrome extension,
- …All for data that syncs and changes constantly.
We’re seeking someone who will take on these battles – and lead our army on through many others with the help of our Lead Engineer.
We are building a sustainable company with a healthy financial foundation.
We don’t want to hire an army of customer support reps and engineers just to keep things running, so scalability is central to everything we do.
Ownership and Transparency
We’re a small team, and so being an engineer at ContentKing isn’t just about jamming out code.
We’re a small team, so working at ContentKing means contributing to the product on a conceptual level as much as contributing to the codebase.
That’s why every team member takes a lot of ownership, and we have a culture that's all about transparency and data sharing:
- Want to know what features customers are requesting?
→ Check our Productboard.
- Curious as to what bugs customers are running into?
→ Check Sentry.
- Interested in what users are reporting to Support?
→ Check Intercom or the
#supportchannel on Slack.
- Eager to know our business metrics, such as revenue?
→ Check Geckoboard on any of the screens in the office.
- Have ideas how to improve the product or our processes?
→ Share them, and you'll likely see them get implemented.
Being an engineer at ContentKing means being part of a tightly knit team of people passionate about product.
Codebase and Processes
Our codebase is our crown jewel. We design and apply modular architecture, follow good coding style, and continuously refactor the code to keep it healthy and a pleasure to work with. All of this helps us grow as engineers every day.
Furthermore we put a lot of effort into sharing knowledge and helping each other do the work. That means constructive peer review, mentoring sessions, and in-depth sprint retrospectives.
We're looking for colleagues who feel
comfortable challenged by the above description and meet the following requirements:
- Have experience with React or similar framework,
- Be familiar with modern design patterns,
- Be eager to improve your personal skillset, and
- Be able to communicate in English.
Having experience with any of the following is a bonus:
- TypeScript & GraphQL
- Data visualization
- Performance optimization.
Our Interview Process
The interview process consists of three steps:
First interview, meeting our engineers
The purpose of this meeting is to get to know each other’s backgrounds and experience. We share our challenges and ways of working, and would love to get your thoughts on that.
Andre Nanninga. Frontend EngineerView profile (opens in a new tab) Vojtech Dobes. Lead EngineerView profile (opens in a new tab)
Second interview, meeting our Product Manager
As you will work closely with them on the product, it’s essential that you get to know each other, and for both sides to see what it’s like to work together.
Veronika Martosova. Product ManagerView profile (opens in a new tab) Vojtech Dobes. Lead EngineerView profile (opens in a new tab)
Third interview, meeting our CEO
In the third and final meeting, you will meet our CEO to discuss the contractual details and compensation package.
Vincent van Scherpenseel. CEOView profile (opens in a new tab) Vojtech Dobes. Lead EngineerView profile (opens in a new tab)
What We Offer
First and foremost, we offer a position that’s full of interesting challenges and opportunities to learn.
Secondly, we offer good conditions:
- Work at a fast-growing SaaS startup – building a platform used daily by customers like Adidas, Netflix, and FedEx.
- Full-time employment, 25 vacation days and additional perks.
- Monthly salary of 80,000 - 100,000 Kč, based on your skill and experience.
- A Macbook Pro laptop.
- A personal development budget of 10,000 Kč per year for conferences, books and online courses.
- A Vodafone mobile subscription with unlimited calls, text messages and data.
- Collaboration with the eager go-getters building our global SaaS solution.
- A road to a wealth of knowledge about digital marketing, SaaS, and what it takes to make a startup succeed.
- A comfortable office in the city center of Brno (Masarykova street) with a fully stocked kitchen.
- Weekly lunches with the whole team, paid for by the company.
Are you ready for your next challenge?